Sunday, March 16, 2008

Aer Lingus Terminal

I am by no means a world traveler. I also really don't spend much time in airport terminals I tend to get off one flight with just enough time to catch my next flight. One could call me an efficient flyer. One could also call me impatient, which would be more accurate. With this established I really don't notice much other than locations of my next gate, food, or bathroom. All in my mind very important. This time though, due to some illness and missing a first flight and having to reschedule, I have the time to do some people watching and take a bit of the airport culture at O'Hare in Chicago. I am flying to Ireland therefore I am in the International terminal which I have never been before. As I type this I look up to see the flight crew swish through. Anyway security was actually a lot quicker than I thought it would be. I had to go through more at Indy's airport. But when I got to the other side what did I behold, a bar. Yes what every one needs after they have been poked and prodded by airport security. This wasn't a sit down bar it was just a little booze cart, kind of like those Starbucks carts you see in the airport but this decidedly better. Of course once you are through security feel free to booze it up and really take it where ever you want. It's like a little bit of Vegas here in the Windy City.

This being the Aer Lingus terminal it is fun to see all the red heads with at least two beers in hand. Yes Romeo you would be in Ginger heaven. I have actually seen two guys who I could describe as Soccer Hooligans go back for their third with in the last 45 minutes I have been here. Let's reinforce cultural stereotypes shall we. They are most likely Americans on their way to Dublin to celebrate St. Patty's day the way it was meant to be. I know if it wasn't for the students that I am traveling with I could be found tomorrow night in some pub getting pissed. In this instance "pissed" meaning drunk not a golden shower.

I will keep you all updated on my travels and some good places for food and/or drink in Ireland if you find your way there. For me this is just a lot of fun I have never been out of the country so this will be fun. And I haven't even left the States.

2 comments:

nickabouttown said...

Wow...Golden Showers and Cunnilingus, I mean Aer Lingus, all in the same post...

Pace yourself!

Romeo said...

Mmmm...gingers. YAY!!